Curd Brown Rice recipe
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 1 mins
Total Time: 21 mins
Makes 5 servings
1 cup fresh curds (dahi)
2 cups cooked brown rice
1/4 cup finely chopped coriander (dhania)
salt to taste
1 tsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
1 tsp urad dal (split black lentils)
1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
5 curry leaves (kadi patta)
1. Put the rice in a deep bowl and mash it using a masher.
2. Add the curds, coriander, salt and ¼ cup of water and mix very well. Keep aside.
3. Heat the oil in a small non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds and urad dal and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
4. Add the curry leaves and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
5. Pour the tempering over the curd-rice mixture and mix well.
6. Serve immediately.