Recipe Servings: 4
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
This super easy recipe is always a hit with kids – tender chicken smeared with a bunch of spices and fried crisp.
Ingredients Of Oat Crusted Chicken Tenders
- 300 Gram Chicken breast (cut into strips)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Paste
- 1 Tbsp Ginger Paste
- 1 Tbsp Green Chilli Paste
- 1 Cup Oats
- 3/4 Cup Refined flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Dried Mixed Herbs (italian herb)
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
How to Make Oat Crusted Chicken Tenders
- 1.Place the chicken breast on a flat surface lined with cling wrap and hammer it with a meat mallet until you get equal thickness.
- 2.Cut the chicken breast into 2 inch thick strips (horizontally).
- 3.Place chicken strips in a mixing bowl.
- 4.Add salt, ginger, garlic and green chilli paste and mix well, ensuring the marinade gets rubbed into the chicken pieces. Keep aside to marinate for 15-20 minutes.
- 5.To make the oat crumb, place oats in a food processor, and process for 20 seconds or until coarsely ground. Add flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder and herbs. Pulse to make a coarse powder and spread out in an even layer in a plate.
- 6.To cook chicken tenders, heat a pan and brush with oil. Take each chicken strip, dredge in oat mixture and place on the hot pan, ensuring it is completely flat.
- 7.Cook until golden brown (3-5 minutes). When cooked on one side, flip over and cook on the other.
- 8.Serve hot and crispy.