Recipe Servings: 2
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Total Cook Time: 01 Hour
Difficulty Level: Easy
Pasta mingled with a fresh veggie mix, some tangy tomato puree and lots of cheese. Topped with breadcrumbs and baked golden, this Home Style Baked Pasta comes with a cheesy surprise and loads of vegetables. Now is there anything more comforting than an authentic Italian, cheesy, hot, vegetarian baked pasta casserole?
Ingredients Of Home Style Baked Pasta
- 200 Gram Any short pasta
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Medium Onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Garlic (minced)
- 1 Cup Mixed bell peppers
- 1 Cup Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Cup Spinach (chopped), blanched
- 1 Medium Eggplant
- 1/2 Cup Mixed olives
- 1-2 Green chillies, chopped
- 1 Cup Tomato puree
- 2 Cups Mixed cheese, grated
- 1 Cup Cream
- 1/2 Cup Breadcrumbs
- 150 Gram Butter (cut into cubes)
How to Make Home Style Baked Pasta
- 1.Cook the pasta in boiling salted water for about 9 to 11 minutes.
- 2.Drain and lay on to a tray/plate.
- 3.In a heavy bottomed pan, heat up some olive oil.
- 4.Add the onions, garlic, chillies and saute them for 2 minutes.
- 5.Add the bell peppers and eggplant and saute for 2 minutes followed by the mushrooms, olives and the spinach.
- 6.Let this cook for 5 minutes. Then pour in the tomato puree and the cream.
- 7.Season to taste. Take the pan off the stove and mix in the pasta.
- 8.Then mix in half the cheese. Pour the mixture into a greased baking dish.
- 9.Sprinkle the rest of the cheese evenly topped with the breadcrumbs. Add the cubes of butter over and let it bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 160-180 degrees.
You can add a side green salad and perhaps some toasty garlic bread to make this a perfect meal.