Recipe Servings: 2
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
A light but filling cold salad dressed with vinegar. Leave out the ham for a veggie version.
Ingredients Of Pineapple, Cheese And Ham Salad
- 1/2 cup diced ham or fried bacon bits
- 4 pineapple slices-canned or stewed
- 1 cup cheese-cut into 1cm/1/2
- 1 small red bell pepper (simla mirch)
- 1 small yellow bell pepper
- 1 small green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup pickled gherkins-chopped fine
- 2 Tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp paprika
How to Make Pineapple, Cheese and Ham Salad
- 1.Drain the pineapple and cut to match the size of the cheese cubes.
- 2.Cut the bell peppers into halves, remove seeds and stalk, and the extra white veins.
- 3.Shred peppers into thin strips.
- 4.Mix together, ham or bacon bits, the pineapple, peppers, cheese and gherkins and leave to chill.
- 5.Just before serving mix in the vinegar, salt and paprika, and serve chilled.
- 6.Note: You can avoid adding ham or bacon bits if you so desire.